Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Choo Choo

21 HOUR Train Ride?!!
Yeah, that was my reaction too. But once we actually got situated in our cubbies...
In each "cubbie hole", there were 3 hard sleeper bunk beds on the right and 3 on the left. Good bonding time.



At night, everyone else was asleep, but we kept stopping at different stations and the loud speakers would come on with a Chinese man, yelling at new passengers to "Qui Dian" on board. When I looked out the window, no way was I going back to sleep with all the SNOW covering the buildings and beautiful night countryside.

We had a peeper stop by 2 or 3 times to practice his English. Surprisingly, after an hour of talking with him the first day, switching back and forth from Chinese and English (mo stly Chinese WowOo), we said goodbye and let our brains rest.   
I enjoy exhausting my chinese, man, i have so far to go.


Man oh man, the sun came early. For lunch the next morning, waiters rolled a vegetable cart with individually cleaned and wrapped fruit & veggies Ha China where have you been all my LIFE!  And here we were buying out the street market's Chinese style Ramon Noodles before we boarded!


No comments:

Post a Comment