Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Somebody's turning 21!

One reversed idiosyncrasy of the Asian culture is the birthday celebration. It's tradition for the birthdayee to treat his or her friends! My friend Catherine set up a Surprise Scavenger Hunt for me on her birthday this past weekend before taking me to lunch!

12:00pm- Received a text message "This Game is Hide & Seek, Meet at the lonliest tree where we 1st started our friendship- Catherine."


12:12pm- Waiting beside a tree at our University's English Corner, I found another clue.  Inside was a picture of a garden on campus we like to walk through...






12:15pm- Time was running, on top of bumping into atleast 5 of my students who insisted on helping me with this "New" Game, accompanied with a novel english dailogue on the side. An arrow was marked on a particular tree...

Leading to...


She chose this spot, after a hefty conversation over the cross and my beliefs at dinner the week before. PTL!!
12:21pm- We headed to lunch.
Lamb's ear!
Hot Pot


The mayor's wife and acquaintences interrupted dinner to
extend a welcome to China!

No comments:

Post a Comment